Get SupportGetting the right help and support can go a long way to ensure that you’re able to quit for good. Many free advice and support services exist to help smokers preparing to quit and recent quitters stay smoke free. The Quitline and Quit Coach are two proven help support services that can help you, information about these services is provided in this section.
What is the Quitline?
Calling the Quitline 13 7848Quitline is a telephone information and advice or counselling service for people who want to quit smoking.
You can phone the Quitline on 13 7848 confidentially from anywhere in Australia for the cost of a local call only.
When you call the Quitline you can arrange to have the Quit Book mailed to you and if you want to talk to someone about quitting, they will give you information on:
- the best way for you to quit
- coping with withdrawal symptoms
The Quit CoachThe Quit Coach is a free interactive site that can help you quit smoking and stay stopped.
Get a free Quit PackYou can obtain a free Quit Pack by calling the Quitline on 13 7848 to order a Quit Pack over the phone. In the Quit Pack you will find:
- The Quit book – will help with planning and preparing to quit and provide tips and strategies for quitting successfully.
- Choosing the best way to quit – a guide to choosing the services and products which would best help you increase your chance of quitting successfully.
- Information on how you can speak to a Quit advisor.
- A handy wallet card with tips to cope with cravings.
- Information on ordering the Ten Steps to Quit for Good DVD/video and Ten Good Ways of Relaxing CD.
Top of page